afraid to ask
W h e r e
a r e y o u,
l o v e ?
no longer a game of hide and seek,
whispering into arms, scurrying behind backs,
smoking in the dark, stealing kisses
by the dozen, leaving bruises, imprints
of eager teeth on trembling skin.
of the rustle of her hair against the receiver.
of size five shoes restless, worn out soles.
of a sigh, half a liter escaping from her stale lips,
apologetic and clear, hesitant
to drop bladed words, unwilling to cut
through the murmuring static of heartbeats faded.
(silence. I love you, still.)
- pssbly likes this
- skazochnayarusalka likes this
- dimasmoonbeams likes this
- allthatrage likes this
- verbosecity likes this
- imawesomemiro likes this
- phantasmagor1c likes this
- lightningtheraintransformed likes this
- funkienokie reblogged this from theremiss and added:
- funkienokie likes this
- gravityymind likes this
- skelechitophobia likes this
- umustcreate likes this
- theremiss posted this